- Amberley, Viscount, his Analysis of Religious Belief, notice of, by Dyer D. Lum, 357.
- Beard, George M., his Scientific Basis of Delusions, notice of, by Elizabeth M. F. Denton, 598.
- Bolles, Albert S., his Conflict between Labor and Capital, notice of, by Dyer D. Lum, 786.
- Brinton, D. G., his Religions Sentiment, notice of, by J. Stahl Patterson, 364.
- Churches, The Decline of, article on, by J. Vita Blake, 625.
- Deity, Musings upon, poem on, by Christopher P. Cranch, 647.
- Discoverer, The, poem on, by Edmund C. Stedman, 74.
- Ellis, George E., his Memoir of Benjamin Thompqon, notice of, by Joseph H. Allen, 170.
- Ethics, Some Considerations in, article on, by T. F. Browrell, 707.
- Financiers, Our: Their Ignorance, Usurpations, and Frauds, article on, by Lysander Spooner, 141.
- Foerster, Wilhelm, his Collection of Philosophical Discourses, notice of, be C. W. Ernst, 361.
- Frothingham, Octavius Brooks, his Cradle of the Christ, notice of, by Charles W. Buck, 797.
- Germany, Practical Socialism in, article so, by C. W. Ernst, 25.
- Gill, William F., his Life of Edgar Allan Poe, notice of, by J. Vila Blake, 790.
- Gross, J. B., his Teachings of Providence, notice of, by J. Vila Blake, 179.
- Hibberton, John, his Jericho Road, notice of, by Charles Almy, Jr., 181.
- Harvey, James, his Paper Money, notice of, by Julius Ferrette, 587.
- Jesus The Ethics of, article on, by John L. Stoddard, 661.
- Jesus, The Spirit that was in, article on, by John Weiss, 535.
- Johnson, Samuel, his Oriental Religions, II., notice of, by John Weiss, 582.
- Labor Dollar, The, article on, by Stephen Pearl Andrews, 287.
- Landor, Walter Savage, his Imaginary Conversations, notice of, by Abram W. Stevens, 347.
- Larned, J. N., his Talks about Labor, notice of, by Stephen Pearl Andrews, 165.
- Lowell, James Russell, his Three Memorial Poems, notice of, by J. Vita Blake, 174.
- Man about Town, To a, poem on, by Emily F. Ford, 688.
- Martineau, Harriet, her Autobiography, notice of, by John W. Chadwick, 338.
- Martyr’s Vision, The, poem on, by John L. Stoddard, 778.
- Nirvana, poem on, by Dyer D. Lum, 260.
- Parker as Religious Reformer, Theodore, article on, D. A. Wasson, 46.
- Paul at Athens, poem on, by B. W. Ball, 324.
- Phelps, Elizabeth Stuart, her Story of Avis, notice of, by John Weiss, 802.
- Physical Conditions in the Genesis of Species, The Influence of, article on, be Joel A. Allen, 108.
- Preacher’s Love-Vacation, poem on, by John Weiss, 443
- Prostitution and the International Woman’s League, article on, by Henry Edger, 397.
- Revivalism, The Orthodox Basis of, article on, by John Weiss, 308.
- Simcox. Edith, her Natural Law, notice of, by J. N. Larned, 781.
- Spencer, Herbert, his Principles of Sociology, notice of, by Joseph H. Allen, 352.
- Spencer’s Unknowable as the Basis of Religion, article on, by J. Stahl Patterson, 419.
- Spinosa, To Benedict, poem on, by B. W. Ball. 24.
- Strike, The Great: Its Relations to Labor, Property, and Government, article on, by E. H. Heywood, 553.
- Tennyson, Alfred, his Harold, notice of, by John Weiss, 158.
- Thompson, R. W., his Papacy and the Civil Power, notice of, by Charles Almy, Jr., 176.
- Transcendentalism, article on, by Samuel Johnson, 447.
- Van Laun, Henri, his History of French Literature, I., II., notice of, by T. F. Brownell, 592.
- Wakeman, T. B., his Epitome of the Positive Philosophy and Religion, notice of, by Stephen Pearl Andrews, 793.
- Whitman, Walt, article on, by Joseph B. Marvin, 224.
- Wright, Chauncey, article on, by John Fiske, 690.